Written Stuff

Wednesday 2 October 2013

A paragraph using these 5 words

For the past three and a half months I’ve been teaching Creative Writing to the SYBMM (second year students of the Bachelor of Mass Media) students in St Xavier’s college in Mumbai. If there was just one word to describe them it would be ‘incorrigible.’ It’s pretty difficult to control a class of 60 students when most of them are constantly chatting and joking around. I thought they wouldn’t do well in the tests but they surprised me – even the ones who were constantly talking.
   One question in their test paper was this: Write a paragraph using the words ‘blue, minute, present, dog, wound.’  Here are a few samples written by these feisty 19 year olds
=======================================================================
                                                                                                                                                                       
Rohan  Cooper
The unshaven man wound up the small object  and  set it  on a blue tarp. Then he disappeared into the crowd, like a salmon in a shoal of a thousand. A small dog seemed intrigued by the ticking object and started sniffing it. A few metres away, a young man presented the love of his life with a dazzling engagement ring. A few metres further, a  painter was completing the final touches on what would be his masterpiece. In a minute came the explosion. A massive ball of fire consumed the crowd with a searing rage. Then, there was only deafening silence.


Nildeep Mondal
It was early in the morning.The fresh smell of the morning breeze and the faint sunrays found their way into my room, seeping through the holes in the curtain. I could faintly see the pale blue sky blinded by the white light on my sleepy morning eyes. However, what had awakened me, sadly did not live up to the romantic setting the morning deserved. It must have been over a minute that the calm serenity on the road right under my window had been smashed into a melee of commotion. On further investigation I found a young lady dusting herself up, with a visible wound on her arm. What made things worse was the sharp object that seemed to have sliced into her right calf. Even though there were quite a few people present there on the spot, they seemed to be in a fix as to who to attend to first. The lady or the stray dog that kept barking and rushing at her for running over one of her puppies.

Mikhail Almeida
Gurmeet Singh was present in court the following Friday, just as the judge had ordered. His lawyer could not put up anymore arguments against the charges levelled against  Gurmeet Singh. The wounds on his victim were there for all to see, her black and blue eyes served as a reminder of that horrific night. She had recalled the minute details as well. His untied shoe laces, the scar under his right eyebrow and even the object he beat his victim with. Shooting a street dog had not helped his case either. The verdict had been passed. On Friday, the 1st of November 1991, Gurmeet Singh was sentenced to life imprisonment at Tihar jail.

Om Pathre
One day, I was out on a one day picnic with a friend and his dog. I was relaxing under the canopy at the beach. The sky was clear and blue. All of a sudden I saw the dog running towards me and barking. In no time he pounced on me and bit me. The wound was bad and I was in horrible pain. The next minute I got up and realised that it was just a dream. I was really happy and came back to the present realising that there was no wound. As I searched for my friend, I saw him throwing an object towards me for the dog to fetch. The dog was running towards me again. This time it was no dream!

Christy Johnson
It is my dog Scruffy’s birthday tomorrow. I’m at the toy store looking for a present for him. I could get him this blue dog collar but he wounded his neck after cutting himself with a sharp object he was playing with. Choosing a present can be so difficult and there I was thinking it would take me just a couple of minutes.

Ashutosh Lobo Gajiwalla
Charlie was sitting on the porch tending his war wound when he gazed into the distance and saw an object that soon unmistakably looked like a dog. The dog however was blue in colour so Charlie could not believe his eyes. This strange sight lasted for about a minute, after which Charlie was left questioning the past, present or future as he felt it was a symbol of divinity.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1 comment:

  1. Hey there patshekhar-writtenstuff information or the article which u had posted was simply superb and to say one thing that this was one of the best information which I had seen so far, thanks for the information #BGLAMHAIRSTUDIO

    ReplyDelete