Written Stuff

Friday 22 February 2013

Not exactly Valentine's Day


 Two days before Valentine's Day I challenged my young friends to write a most romantic first line followed by the most romantic second line. I had seen this in one of the newspapers a few years ago and thought it would be fun to do.
As an example I gave them these lines:

I see your face when I'm dreaming
That's why I always wake up screaming'

Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss,
But I only slept with you cos I was pissed.
---------------------------------------------------

A few of them took up the challenge and came up with these funny lines.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Aditya: when you broke up with me, you gave my heart a blister.
Doesn't matter, where's your sister?
----------------------------------------------

Jenny:  Won't you be my valentine, you groovy frankenstein
----------------------------------------------


Pranay -You are my love, you are my life.
But seriously, just can't be my wife!

---------------------------------------------------------
    Ainee - I love the way you look tonight,
    but isn't it too early for Halloween night?
-----------------------------------------------------------


    Priya  I love the crackle of your laughter,
    How I wish hyenas didn't sound better !


    Robin - Won't forget that day we got close.
    .thank heavens I had a blocked nose.


    Aanchal -   violets are blue and roses are red...
    if you utter the 'love' word, you are dead...





Ahil: You leave me gasping for air
No, seriously, you need a breathmint
------------------------------------------------------

Nimesh: The way you look took away my heart
Now your cooking makes me fart.
--------------------------------------------------
When we first met you were a dream
Now your face just makes me scream
--------------------------------------------------
All I ever wanted was an innocent hug
why did you take all my money, you thug?
----------------------------------------


Nikhil: You seemed a nice girl and I loved your smile
Until I came to know you and decided to stay away a mile.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Would you like to add your own two lines? Feel free to do so. You an also post it on the Writestuff Writing Club on Facebook.

---------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment